Tien Chen Shiatsu
Shiatsu massage is a combination of massage and acupressure, originating in China. It is a gentle hands on therapy usually performed through clothing.
Shiatsu affects the energy (Qi) flow in the body. Pressure is applied to the body′s energy lines or meridians; it is a comfortable and deeply relaxing form of pressure. Our physical and mental health is dependent on the smooth flow of Qi through the meridians; if the energy becomes blocked we start to manifest physical or emotional symptoms, for example: lower back pain, anxiety.
Shiatsu is both relaxing and energising and can provide relief from many ailments; it is a gentle therapy and is suitable for anyone.
- Relieve aches and pains
- Relieve headaches
- Relieve digestive problems
- Reproductive problems
- Relieve stress related conditions
- Improve sleep patterns
- Enhance physical and mental wellbeing
And much more….
Shiatsu for pregnancy and childbirth
Shiatsu is very beneficial for women preparing for pregnancy as it helps to bring the body into balance prior to conception and to maintain that balance throughout pregnancy and into childbirth and the post natal period.
Shiatsu during pregnancy helps to prepare a woman on all levels for birth; physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. It can provide relief from many of the common ailments that come with pregnancy, encouraging good positioning of the baby prior to the onset of labour; and initiating labour if the pregnancy becomes prolonged, thereby preventing medical induction of labour.
A woman′s birth partner can be taught how to use simple shiatsu techniques and specific pressure points to provide comfort and support during the birth. This encourages partner involvement during the birth, but more importantly aids efficient contractions, leading to shorter, more comfortable, natural birth and less need for medical intervention.
Shiatsu is very beneficial after the baby has been born to aid post natal recovery.
- Regulate menstrual cycle
- Aid and prepare for conception
- Relieve pregnancy related ailments
- Help you prepare for birth
- Enhance physical and mental well being
- Encourage good positioning of the baby
- Prevent prolonged pregnancy and initiate labour
- Provide more partner involvement during the birth
- Promote natural, comfortable childbirth
- Aid post natal recovery
- Treatments/Birth preparation in the comfort of your own home.
- Please allow up to 2 hours for treatment, all treatments tailored to individual needs.
- Birth preparation workshops for women and their birth companions, to learn breathing, relaxation and acupressure for labour.
I have specialist shiatsu training for pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period and my treatments are enhanced by my midwifery background and 12 years experience working as a midwife.